Emergency Paediatric First Aid Course
This basic 1 day Emergency Paediatric First Aid course is for anyone who wants to learn about first aid and has a professional involvement or cares for children and babies and who does not have to comply with Ofsted requirements. This course covers basic life saving and first aid for babies, children and adults.
This course is perfect for anyone who cares for babies and children, parents, grandparents or guardians and people who have a professional involvement with children and babies.
Assessment and Certification
Learners are continually assessed throughout the course.
Emergency Paediatric First Aid at Work certificates are valid for three years. We send out an automatic reminder three months prior to the expiry date of the certificate. Certificates can be renewed by attending a Early Years paediatric first aid course
We deliver 'on site' courses at your premises or we can arrange a venue for you. If you require details regarding an ‘on site’ course, please contact us and we will be happy to help you arrange this.
- Coping with an emergency in the childcare environment
- The priorities of treatment
- Resuscitation: Adult, child and baby
- Unconsciousness: Adult, child and baby
- Control of bleeding
- Treatment of minor injuries with the emphasis on children and babies
- Choking: Adult, child and baby
- Burns, scalds, poisoning, electric shock
- General paediatric medical conditions: asthma, anaphylaxis, cicle cell anaemia, diabetes, epilepsy, febrile convulsions, meningitis
- Effects of heat & cold
What is included?
- All course materials
- First Aid Manual
- Assessments and Certificates